Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Ravikeshav Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery plugged in not charging

N4G45PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  •  My laptop shut down automatically although there is remaining 30% battery. 
  • And the laptop is not charging  ( Plugged in, not charging ) after 90-94% battery is charged.
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14067 1328 3149
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ravikeshav

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

My own experience with HP laptops is that BOTH of what you state are expected conditions.

Battery Low:  Once the battery gets below 50%, you start seeing warning text on screen when booting the laptop, indicating problems with the battery.  When it gets a lot lower, the laptop will shut down to prevent damage.  So, you should NEVER let your battery get that low.

Not charging: Once the charge level reached 90%, it's not unusual for it to stop charging -- but then, it should start up again when the charge level gets lower. IF it does not start charging again, then there is a problem with the charger or the batter, or both.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00363266?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0006

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Ravikeshav Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion. When I did a battery test it show failed in result. It shows the following:

1. Primary - Replace (40)

2. Failure ID- RSG09X-7L1893-MFPWMG-C0EN03

3. Product ID- N4G4PA#ACJ

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
14067 1328 3149
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you also do a charger test?  That's important because if the charger is not working properly, even a GOOD battery is going to run down and not recharge.

IF the battery is bad, you need to replace it.

I did this recently for an old laptop, and using the product number printed on the battery, I was able to get a replacement online from a battery supply company in 3 days.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation