Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (124 Views)

Beep sound

Product Name: Pavilion dv6
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
When I will press power button to start my laptop.Beep sound comes then it's starts .Please give a solution to it
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (100 Views)

Re: Beep sound

@sunil_boy82

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy

As I understand the computer is not booting into the windows anymore,

To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the sequence of the beeps? (Example: 3 beeps and then pause 3 beeps again, in a loop)

What is the product number & Operating system used in this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

Please click on the below links once you identify the blink code and resolve the issue:

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Associate Dean
Message 3 of 5 (94 Views)

> When I will press power button to start my laptop, beep sound comes then it starts.

On most computers, exactly ONE "beep" is good news -- the hardware has successfully run its POST (Power On Self Tests) and then the ONE "beep" confirms that it's ready to boot into Windows.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (78 Views)

@Riddle_Decipher
My laptop model is HP Pavilion dv6 .Product nos is A6P35EA#ABV.I saw my laptop when I pressed power button as u told no light is blinking only beep sound is coming continues sometimes 9 times sometime fifteen times then after that laptop starts.Only beep coming at start. As u asked me I have done anything for this no sir .Don't know what happen . Please give me solution for this .
Regards.
Associate Dean
Message 5 of 5 (70 Views)

> only beep sound is coming continues sometimes 9 times sometime fifteen times then after that laptop starts.Only beep coming at start.

I agree with the recommendation that you have already received:

Please click on the below links once you identify the Beep Code :

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code

Be sure to accurately count the number of "beep" sounds.

Then, follow the instructions on that "troubleshooting" web-page, above.

That web-page states that the number of "beeps" depends on the model-number of your HP computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation