Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (146 Views)

Bios Issues. BIOS is not ACPI Compliant. Pavilion g7-2251dx

Product Name: HP Pavilion g7-2251dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi i'd like to restore a previous bios to my computer or have support help me with getting it to support ACPI devices. I bought a GDC Beast and a GTX graphics card, plugged it in to my mini-pci slot and tried to boot, was greeted by a blue screen that said this bios is not ACPI Compliant, so which bios would I need to use to make the error go away and boot using my graphics card?

The current bios file is 

sp77491.exe and it hasnt been updated since 2016.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (115 Views)

Re: Bios Issues. BIOS is not ACPI Compliant. Pavilion g7-2251dx

@ioxwave

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you :) 

As I understand you are getting an error message on a blue screen after you upgraded the video card,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you ensure the graphics card is compatible with the computer?

Which mini-PCI slot are you referring to? According to your product specs: Click here, there's isn't any mention of such a slot.

Did you know that HP doesn't recommend changing the originally shipped equipment as that may void the warranty of the product?

That said, Here's the service manual guide of your PC and HP recommends upgrading according to the list mentioned within: Click here for details.

Keep me posted for further assistance ;)

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation