Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sending photos via bluetooth worked fine between my Android phone and this HP laptop. I just had to move to an iPhone 6, and although the laptop shows paired and connected to my iPhone, the phone doesn't show my laptop under bluetooth connections. And of course transferring photos or any files will fail. Is there any way to make the bluetooth connection usable between these two devices? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MrComputerMan
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Tap "Settings" on your iPhone. Tap "General," followed by "Bluetooth."
  2. Push the "Bluetooth" slider to "On."
  3. Click your computer's Windows "Start" button.
  4. Click "Control Panel," then "Hardware and Sound."
  5. Click Devices," then "Add." Watch this YouTube video Windows 10 - How to connect your iPhone over Bluetooth.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried this procedure. My iPhone seems to connect, it shows as connected on the HP. But not on the iPhone, which appears to be still searching... I found on another forum that Apple doesn't allow the sending of pics to Windows OS via their bluetooth. Apple wants me to do it their way, I could apparently get an app to connect this laptop to the iCloud and download pics from there. I ended up just using my iPad to get the photo from iCloud. Thanks for your input! 

HP Recommended

@MrComputerMan
Glad to hear that you're able to download the photos successfully! 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. 
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a nice day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.