Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-ch1000 (436X1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi all,

Who oh who can tell me how it is that my brand new laptop (two weeks old), after having run silently for the first period, is now suddenly continuously 'blowing'?
The device has always performed well from day 1 and, as we speak, still works very well. He's only been doing that 'blowing' for a few days now.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Luc Richter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @DaLucsta 

Your Information:

product number (p/n): 54K88EA

(1) Install audio driver

Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver

6.0.9301.1 Rev.E197.2 MBFeb 24, 2022Download

(2) Reboot and test again ...

Your software and drivers page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-17.3-inch-laptop-pc-17-ch1000/2100796605/mo...

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655804677831.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @DaLucsta 

The outputs of the cooling system must not be covered and the notebook should not be exposed to direct sunlight.

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.21 Rev.A14.5 MBMay 20, 2022Download

(2) Install Support Assistant to update all drivers in one place ...

HP Support Assistant

9.7.433.0 Rev.A162.2 MBMay 13, 2021Download

(3) Your software and drivers page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-17.3-inch-laptop-pc-17-ch1000/2100796605

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655647023917.png

HP Recommended

Hi Ub6424,

Thanks for replying.

I ran your link to update the BIOS. You can find below a picture. Although I ran the software properly (freshly formatted USB drive, map 'Hewlet-Packard' and submaps were created. When following instructions nothing happened, When running the software again, I noticed, greyed out, the update is not compatible with my device. See picture below.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this BIOS update indeed not compatible?  

DaLucsta_0-1655784175935.png

Thanks for replying.

Regards,

Luc Richter

cc   in fact, I'm not sure if I demand to much; theres hardly any buzzing; only when using the system normally (for instance. when installing/using my Dymo Labelwriter). Am I demanding to much, or should my laptop indeed make no buzzing sounds (I am not forcing it to work very hard)?

HP Recommended

Hello @DaLucsta 

Looks like the bios version does not match the notebook (hardware).

Please tell me the full product name and product number (p/n) of your notebook. You will find the information on the back of your notebook, printed in small letters.

best regards

---

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655797091784.png

HP Recommended

Hello @DaLucsta 

Your Information:

product number (p/n): 54K88EA

(1) Install audio driver

Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver

6.0.9301.1 Rev.E197.2 MBFeb 24, 2022Download

(2) Reboot and test again ...

Your software and drivers page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-17.3-inch-laptop-pc-17-ch1000/2100796605/mo...

best regards

---

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655804677831.png

HP Recommended

How do I do that?

HP Recommended

Hello @DaLucsta 

Edit your post with the picture, select the picture and delete it (hit DEL key) and post again.

best regards

---

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655808408232.png

HP Recommended

It was a great pleasure to help you 

best regards

HP Recommended

Hi Ub6424,

I love it when it comes together! I am sending you this message to thank you. I've been texting with HP which took too long (for me at least). The employee then gave me a telephone number of HP Support Nederland (which is actually what I wanted; just talk to someone). No sooner said than done. The employee tells about my ventilator problem; logged in remotely, he found out that there was supposedly no Windows 11 on it, but Windows 10 installed. This was also the reason that the update of the BIOS didn't work; changed and now update is OK.
Buzzing gone!

Luc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.