Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

How did you got the break key back with this post

HP Recommended

@StabijJack I am afraid I do not inderstand your question, and I think it is likely other people will not understand it either. Perhaps you could provide more details?

HP Recommended

look up in the chain off messages the first one is where is the break key.

HP Recommended

I have an HP G62 laptop and have been successful using 'ctl+fn+alt+pause' to toggle an RDP session in and out of full screen mode.

HP Recommended

Ctrl + Fn + pause (right hand shift)

HP Recommended

I was also worried about the pause break key on my HP Pavilion g6 laptop.

You can see that the right hand side shift also acts as a pause key but when you simply press it, it doesn't respond (because that is acting as a shift key primarily and not  as a pause key).

I needed this pause key mainly for gaming purposes and I found out how to use the pause key.

✔️Press the "fn" key + press the 'right hand side shift/pause key'.

:LightBulb:Note: After you press the "fn" key you leave that and then press the shift/pause key, if you have to resume, again press the "fn" key and then press the shift/pause key.

Break key.png

If you have a problem when press the "fn" key, check this link: HP Notebook PCs - How to Lock or Unlock the Fn (Function) Key 

Hope this helps!!!

HP Recommended

That worked like charm! I searched it everywhere but got the best result here!!!Thanks a Ton!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Ctrl + Alt + Fn + Pause worked for me :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.