Post new question
Question
Broken Plastic Bottom on Pavilion dv7 (images)
Replies (40)

Honor Student
Message 11 of 41 (3,261 Views)

RE: Broken Plastic Bottom on Envy dv7

I have the same thing happening to my HP Envy dv7, which I bought in November 2012.  So, I'm still under warranty and shouldn't this "design flaw" be covered?  I'd appreciate a reply, as I need my laptop for work.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sincerely

Maisymae35

Honor Student
Message 12 of 41 (3,260 Views)

Re: Broken Plastic Bottom on Pavilion dv7 (images)

Have the same thing happening on mines which I bought in November 2012.  I am hoping that HP tech support that I sent a message to, will give the answer I am seeking, yes it fixable under warranty.

Not very happy that this happen.  Had different name brand laptop that last 5 years, with nothing like this happening.  Very disappointing that HP thinks metal on plastic is going to work well together.

Retired
Message 13 of 41 (3,256 Views)

Re: RE: Broken Plastic Bottom on Envy dv7

Dear Maisymae,

I have sent you a Private Message regarding this matter.

eric-g

I worked for HP.
Intern
Message 14 of 41 (2,905 Views)

This is CRAZY! HP does not seem to hear us. 

My latest ENVY dv7-7398ca Notebook PC has developed the same hinge problem on the right side!

Is there a human life behind the "HP" logo?

So now I have a collection on latest HP products dv7T-3000 and dv7t ENVY with the same broken hinges...

You guys keep selling us the same defective Chinese design without even noticing that it's FAULTY!

Message 15 of 41 (2,899 Views)

@toshik1 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Intern
Message 16 of 41 (2,896 Views)

Well,

The Envy is under warranty so I don't worry much about but when I purchaed it I specifically asked the sales rep whether the hinge issue was resolved and got a positive answer...

Intern
Message 17 of 41 (2,849 Views)

[ Edited ]

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

I just conacted HP and they told me my notebook is out of warranty!!! They want $243.79 for repairs!

Last 6 notebooks I had were Compaq/HP branded I guess It's time to says you guys GOODBYE!

V6000/V6500 had problems with overheating due to small vent holes almost flush to the tabletop surface with standard capacity battery, dv7t-4000 and ENVY do not overheat but have faulty hinges, the only one still having no major issues is dv7t-3000. 

Second notebook in a row with the same ugly problem and HP can't do anything about fixing them, give me a break!

Message 18 of 41 (2,841 Views)

@toshik1 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 19 of 41 (2,831 Views)

Re: Broken Plastic Bottom on Pavilion dv7 (images)

This is my follow-up on my original post of the hinge breaking and botton of case cracking.   I did check around Phoenix for someone locally to repair this, over $200.  I don't think so.

HP tech support did indeed contact me and spoke with Derrald Dunkley and he worked with me on very reasonabley priced at half the cost of the estimate locally.  Sent me a box with foam edges, shipping label, instructions, etc.  Sent it off, got it back in 1 week and everything working great.  It is clear that the new case has better design and especially where the hinges are at and how they are attached.

I have to say I impressed with HP tech/service support and extremely please with the repair. 

Great jobs HP Tech Group!

R Gross

Tutor
Message 20 of 41 (2,808 Views)

hp notebooks having serious assembly flaw i guess otherwise for everynotebook they sell this problem wouldnt have crop up iam experiencing the same

still no recall/replacement/fixing from hp side when its a known universal problem with hp notebooks

such a careless organisation

i thought of buying hp stream seriess 11.6 inch notebook as a gift to someone now i dropped that plan of going with hp again

get it repaired with local chaps buddy its a problem with left base connecting hinge i guess

these chaps mostly careless or they showcase ignorance towards prospective customers

disgusting it is

gote
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation