12-10-2019 04:14 AM
I'm having an issue connecting my note 10 to my windows 10 PC.
It works fine on my USB 2.0 port but it doesn't work on my USB 3.0 ports, when I plug it in I get the error "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it".
I've rebooted a few times, I couldn't find the USB 3.0 drivers on the HP site.
I've got it working on my USB 2.0 port, which is a relief, but I'd like to get it working on my USB 3.0 ports.
When my sister plugs in her S9 into the USB 3.0 ports it works fine, so I'm not sure where the problem lies.
12-12-2019 08:50 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer and follow the next steps.
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
- Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327635 for more troubleshooting steps "USB Connections" (Windows 10, 😎 By end of the article, you will be able to fix the issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee