Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-da0204nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, I have a problem with my hotkeys for luminosity, volume and others that don't work. I tried searching the driver related to my laptop but on the drivers page it doesn't exist. I tried contacting support, but I can't seem to get any response because I don't have live support in my country and  they won't help me from US/Canada website.

Anybody knows what I can do to make the hotkeys work? Thank you in advance.

I also have Windows 10 Version 20H2 ( build 19042.804)

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you try installing the HP system event utility from your PC model series' support page?

HP 15-da0000 Laptop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

That is the program that enables the Fn keys.

This package contains the HP System Event Utility, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, HP System Event Utility enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101543.exe

HP Recommended

Hi, thx for the response. Unfortunately I tried to install it and it tells me that it's already installed. A command prompter shows up that tells me that and press any key.

HP Recommended

Tried to install it from the setup in the installation folder. It installs but never works, tried to restart also the laptop.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that software file didn't install for you.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.