Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
amaisoupa Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't find list of available drivers

Pavilion DV7-3164cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion DV7-3164cl and the battery won't charge.  It seems to be completely dead.  The notebook seems to work fine using the AC charger.  Searching the internet, it seems like several folks have fixed their battery problems by updating the firmmware.  My macine is using Version F.14 and I'm thinking that there might be a later level out there.  When I go to support, drivers and enter my machine type, it shows that there is only 1 driver available and it's to update to Windows 10.

I am already running Windows 10.  What is the latest bios level for my system and where can I find it?  I'd like to try it before buying new batteries or sending the notebook in for service.

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37041 5588 9631
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How old is the battery? 

You have the latest BIOS by the way. And it is doubtful a BIOS flash would make a non-charging battery start charging. 

One thing you can do short of buying a new battery is to go into the device manager and find the battery (acpi battery) and remove all battery-related hardware, then reboot and let the drivers reload. This has a very small chance of working but costs nothing and is worth a try.  

0 Kudos
amaisoupa Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for that information Huffer,

I tried what you advised and it didn't help.

I don't know how old the battery is as the machine is a hand-me-down.

A new battery is on order.  Hopefully, that'll fix it.

Again, thanks.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37041 5588 9631
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I said small chance, right?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation