Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-aq0009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have just received my HP ENVY - 13-aq0009na and wanted to install Office 2016 on  it. But when I try it stops saying office is already installed .. which is the office 365. I uninstalled office 365 but it still says it cant install it becuase  office is already installed.

Any ideas ?

Thank,...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Griggsy 

Sorry, but we don't have the resources to debug issues with MS Office problems.

You will need to contact Microsoft about this, as this is their app suite.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@Griggsy 

Interesting.  Office is not usually that hard to remove.

After the software is removed, you do need to Restart the computer and log in.

The following includes uninstall and reinstall instructions plus the tool to completely wipe office from the computer:

Microsoft - Uninstall Office from a PC

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY - 13-aq0009na

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Griggsy 

Hopefully, the links that @Dragon-Fur gave you will provide you the details you need.

But ... I ran into a similar situation when I had a version of Office 2013 on one machine and wanted to "move" it to a second machine, which required uninstalling from the first.  I had to end up restoring the first from an image I had made PRIOR to installing Office because all attempts to remove it failed.

Hope you have better luck with Office 365.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.