Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-25-2023 12:04 AM
My professor had uploaded a ppt.x lecture that I downloaded from Canvas. It downloaded as an initial ppt.x so when I opened it through powerpoints and printed it as a PDF it saved, however it saved as an Chrome HTML pdf icon. It is now shown on my desktop as an HTML icon but I cannot delete, open it, or do anything with it. The file name saved as "APznzab22y1Kw1OM14D3nNZLtTA6gp2luVt--5exFlFuOiwr5JiI_jfVkTJ8s06ciUG0OsIiUSDrSfzl2XO_f5nWB3gMKO6582i4Z2gTgp1m7zUJJZKvwtpbWwtCqoNCcxptVGTVACr18fSlsENtpU_TqAA97mM9xnM1PLz3pwjFGWJOF8woP1lJNSznkb2qMMosM5bpT3Huu0zJs25KN2GkpreTLx1Vup0dTU4p--riXH42cK00NHgTMKb"
I hardly doubt it is a virus since it is a file personally uploaded by my professor but I do need help getting rid of it in some way. I have already tried going to "Downloads" but it is not visible there nor is it visible when I go to Control Panel and attempt to uninstall programs.
03-12-2023 12:30 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
If you are having trouble deleting the Chrome HTML pdf icon on your desktop, here are some steps you can try.
- Close all instances of Google Chrome.
- Right-click on the icon and select "Delete" or "Move to Trash."
- If the icon cannot be deleted, try restarting your computer and attempting to delete it again.
- If the icon still cannot be deleted, try changing its name or moving it to a different location on your desktop.
- If none of these steps work, you can try resetting your desktop icons to their default settings. To do this, right-click on your desktop and select "View," then select "Show desktop icons" to uncheck it. Then, check it again to restore the default desktop icons.
- If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome to see if that resolves the problem.
Hopefully, one of these steps will help you delete the Chrome HTML pdf icon from your desktop.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community