Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by0511na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

2 issues:

1) Trying to DL the HPSA in order to get to grips with my dreadfully slow laptop - go to download the package, it tries but fails saying the SW is too old and needs the legacy version. Try to DL the legacy version, and it basically takes me back around the loop without actually installing anything.

Anyone encountered similar issues?

2) I'm trying to find ways to speed up my machine because it runs dog-slow all the time - I only use it for browsing and iTunes, yet it runs so slowly. No malware detected by Defender, and I rebuilt the OS last time I had it running for any significant period (I don't use it very often). All patches are up to date. Its a 4GB SDD laptop.... would the solution possibly be to increase the RAM if do-able?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.