Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new laptop. I configured the fingerprint at the set-up part but now i wanted to add another finger but it says it is currently unavailable.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Usman_Sidiqi Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to add another fingure for login.

Please let me know which software you are using to sign in.

Are you using HP simple pass or Hello software?

Please refer to the following link to set up the sign-in option.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

@Usman_Sidiqi

Thank you for the update.

Please follow the below steps and let us know the result.

1. Reset Facial Recognition and/or Fingerprint Options

Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
Click Accounts and select Sign-In options.
Locate Fingerprint or Facial Recognition options and click Remove under them.
After that, click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to reset Fingerprint and Facial Recognition.
Reboot your PC if needed.

2. Modify Group Policy Settings

Creators Update might have modified some of the crucial settings of Group Policy. Therefore, we would recommend to launch the Group Policy Editor and check/edit the settings related to Windows Hello functionality.

Press Windows key, type gpedit, and press Enter.
Click on Computer Configuration and open Administrative Templates.
Select Windows Components and open Biometrics.
Click on Facial Features and right-click on Configure enhanced anti-spoofing option.
Select Edit and disable the Configure enhanced anti-spoofing feature.
Reboot your PC.

3. Update drivers

If some of the system drivers, most probably webcam and fingerprint reader drivers, were corrupted during the upgrade process, Windows Hello may fail to perform. To fix that, try to update the corresponding drivers:

Right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
Locate the Hello, webcam, and fingerprint drivers individually and right-click on each of them.
Select Remove driver software and wait for the removal to be finished.
Repeat the removal with all Windows Hello related drivers and then reboot your PC.
Once done, open Device Manager, click Action -> Scan for hardware changes.
The system should automatically detect and reinstall the drivers.

Is the issue still persists, please sign in to different accounts and check for the result?

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.