The internal camera on my laptop will not seem to work. When I open the camera I get a black screen stating "We need your permission. To use this app, open privacy settings, and change the settings to allow this app to use your camera and microphone. (Note microphone is working fine).
When I go into privacy settings
- Camera access for the device is on
- Multiple apps are toggled on
- Allow desktop apps to access your camera is also toggled on
I have tried toggling all options off. Tried restarting multiple times between the various attempts to fix.
- Updated the driver for the camera.
- Ensured all windows 10 updates have completed successfully.
- Attempted to remove the device and redownload drivers - at which point the system says it cannot locate the device. A restart of the computer will then show the camera in the device listing again - but will open up to privacy setting notice.
- I have also gone through the control panel troubleshooting --> all categories--> Windows Store Apps
Any direction you could provide would be appreciated!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".