Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: hp 15-f233wm

The laptop just wont open the OS. It starts to a recover or power off screen. It wont light up the reset or recover the tabs. IMG_20191018_090213.jpgIMG_20191018_090223.jpgIMG_20191018_090234.jpgIMG_20191018_090341.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Run the hard drive diagnostics test using the F2 key and see what it reports.

HP Recommended

I tried that. All passed

HP Recommended

Its weird. Its like the entire OS is gone. Any option that has to do with the OS is not available to click on. Cant recover. Reset. Factory default. Nothing. 

HP Recommended

If it helps there is nothing on here I need to save. This Laptop is used as a kiosk only in my shop. I need no files off here for any reason. 

HP Recommended

Then your only option as I see it, would be to reinstall W10.

You can use the W10 media creation tool to create an 8 GB bootable USB flash drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you have important files you would like to recover, when you get to the screen that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' install it over the current windows installation, and it will create a Windows.old folder.

Then after W10 has completed installing, you can explore the Windows.old folder, find your old user profile and copy the user folders in your old profile to the new one.

Then once you are sure you have gotten everything off there, you can delete the windows.old folder using the disk cleanup utility>cleanup system files button.

If you don't need to recover files, when you get to the installation screen that asks where do you want to install windows, delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space, click Next and W10 will create the partitions it needs and install.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/7527799/model/8857447

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.