Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 348 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

Recently I was in subway, typing my document, and suddenly my laptop went off, I tried to force shut it and then restart but it was not behaving properly. 

Afterwards, it gave me error 502 Checksum error. I did some research, and found CMOS battery is dead that's why that happens, or maybe a corrupted BIOS but corrupted BIOS is code 501. 

Also, my laptop was randomly shut down, so i thought overheating could be an issue, so I opened it up (I'm an Engineering last year student), carefully cleaned board with IPA, and reapplied thermal paste, and changed the CMOS battery.
And It worked. 

Then I found that my BIOS wasn't up to date, I have F17 version and F39 is out april 2019, so i downloaded it from official HP site, and followed the steps, it prompted me to restart the laptop, i followed and after restart nothing happened, just a normal bootup, and BIOS was not updated.

I thought to update it using recovery USB, 

So there's this procedure of Windows+B then power button for 2-3 seconds, and releasing power button after that , but holding on to Windows+B. I followed it, and nothing appeared on screen. Only Caps Lock LED indicator started blinking, twice in a row. 

when i force shutdown and start my machine, it boots up normally.

Can you help me to update BIOS because I cannot find anything. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.