Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Intel celeron N3050
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop is experiencing charging problems. The battery charges while the laptop is idle, but when the computer is on the battery is drained while the charger is still plugged in to the laptop. I recently ran a diagnostic test on the battery and charger and the battery tested good but the charger was not detected by the diagnostic. I bought a new charger thinking that it was going to fix the issue but I'm back to square one. The new charger is not charging the laptop while it is running. I ran another diagnostic test on the charger and battery and the battery is good but the new ac charger is not detected. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cargamartin1
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Are you getting error message Plugged in not charging? 
  • Do you see an exclamation mark battery icon?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake, thanks for replying. The product  number is X7T77UA#ABA. There is no error message displayed when the AC charger is pluged in to the computer. The only battery icon I see is the one on the lower right corner which right now has a red X on it.

HP Recommended

@cargamartin1
I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern: 

• Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 
  • Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 
  • Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, 
  • Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

As long as your battery lasts according to your preferences, you wouldn't have to worry about replacing the battery,

However, if the battery doesn't last long or have any other issues, reinstalling the drivers and updating BIOS and Chipset drivers from our HP support website, using this link should resolve the issue.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.