Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-ep0027ur 1L6G9EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon.

For a battery life it's better to charge only to 80% to have much more possible cycles. I had an option that sets a limit for charging(80%) while working from the network in my old samsung laptop.

And I read on forums that almost every laptop has such an option.

But I don't have it in my 2020 laptop even after updating my bios version from default one(2006) to the newest(July 2020).

So after updating bios I don't have BATTERY CARE FUNCTION that allows to set charging limit I only have ADAPTIVE CHARGING OPTIMIZER which have only Enabled/Disabled options and when it's Enabled my laptop fully charges to 100% independently from Windows battery options. Why?

In this topic with similar problem updating bios was a solution:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Configuring-battery-charging-limit-to-desired-value-7...

Maybe since than technologies have gone that far that full charge of a battery doesn't influence the number of charging cycles so there is no need to stop charging at 75/80/85?

If the answer is no how the problem can be solved? Disconnecting the net at 80% by yourself isn't convenient.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@i_LuX_a

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Unfortunately you do not have such options in the BIOS for HP Consumer Notebooks

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@i_LuX_a

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Unfortunately you do not have such options in the BIOS for HP Consumer Notebooks

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

got it, thx

HP Recommended

@i_LuX_a

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you ☺️

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.