Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer Gets Hot

HP Envy 15-q667nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new HP Envy Laptop. Sometimes when I start it, the computer gets hot, on the left side near the USB port. It gets so hot that you can't touch it. After, shutting it down (sometimes more than once) I can get it to work as it should. However, even when it is hot, the computer still works.

I have Kaspersky Total Protection on my computer and that may be the reason it has not exploded.

Is anyone having the same problem? Please write to me and let me know: [Personal Information Removed]

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
635 517 63 120
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer Gets Hot

Hi.

Welcome to forum William400.

Get an external fan for your computer.

Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

Press the icon""to say thanks, Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Apart from participating in the forum of Hp in English and Portuguese, I am one of the main authors of solutions in the forum in Spanish.

If you want to thank and if it has been useful press the "Like" icon, if the problem has been solved you can press "Accept as a solution", likewise someone else who has the same question or problem can use this solution .

Return to the forum if you have more questions or problems.
William400 Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer Gets Hot

Thank you for your quick response. but, an external fan would not help me much. The problem, as I said, is that the left side of the computer, where the USB port is located, gets extremely hot (This happens sometimes; not all the time), so hot that you can't touch it.  this is a scary situation; hopefully nothing serious will happen (I hope HP is listening).

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation