Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 4430s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a probook 4430s laptop and i have recently upgraded to windows 10 pro (64 bit). However, I am unable to view the BIOS listed on HP website. I have currently installed BIOS version for windows 8.1 64 bit but i am having boot issues (windows won't start till I press ESC key) and keyboard doesn't work accurately (keys mis-type). I am using an external keyboard currently. I had no issues with keyboard earlier and I have tested it on Ubuntu and it works.

Please help me find the right BIOS for probook 4430s as HP doesn't list it on its website (see snapshot).

Would BIOS for probook 4540s work on the 4430s machine? I can see that a windows 10 BIOS is listed on the HP website for probook 4540s (4430s' cousiBios not listed for 4430s.PNGBios listed for 4540s.PNGn).

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Bios not listed for 4430s.PNGBios listed for 4540s.PNG

HP Recommended

I believe the 4540s BIOS won't work for 4430s. Please let me know if there is a workaround to fix the 4430s notebook.

Thanks,

Chetan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.