Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-Au023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the January WIndows 10 update, and the update after that of my HP Pavilion, the camera app disappeared from my laptop. The driver is still there, and the camera works with Zoom. However, there is neither Cyberlink Youcam, nor any other camera app. As far as I know, the app was just called "camera." HP articles say that the software and drivers section should have it, or "HP Recovery" should have a camera app, but it is not available. I would like to find out what the solution is. I think just because my computer is out of warranty, should not mean that I would not be able to get the software that came with it, and should have to buy a new computer. Please advise on where I can download the software. I had posted a previous question like this, and have not gotten a reply. Support virtual assistant is useless, and HP does not seem to offer any of their help without a warranty. Product number is W2L48UA#ABA

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can reinstall the W10 Cyberlink YouCam software from the link below...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71830.exe

HP Recommended

I downloaded it, but I haven't run it yet. I searched about this file on Google, and it mentioned various HP laptops, but not mine. Do you have any links that show it is compatible with my laptop? Mine didn't actually show that it was Cyberlink Youcam. I just mentioned that, as  I found an article that mentioned that as a potential software. Mine just said "camera."

HP Recommended

It's not listed on your notebook's support page, so I don't know if it will work or not.

It should though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.