Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-dw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows defender tells me that a DST.exe file has been blocked. I've run a virus scan and it can't find any virus on my computer. 

This is the message from Windows Defender:

image.png

As you can see, the file seems to be located in \Device\Harddisk0\DR0. But I can't manage to find that path

Is this file something I want to run on my computer or should I get rid of it?  If I should get rid of the file how can I get rid of it?

On the other hand, searching with the file explorer I found a DST.exe located in the path: Users\aluna\AppData\Local\Temp\HPDIAGS\64819556-07a0-42c4-a925-bba17af6db61

image.png

I don't know if it is the same or not, what should I do?

When I try to open it as an administrator it says that is signed by HP...

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Same problem here. I get this message from time to time and don't know what to do. Should we unblock that file in Windows Defender?

HP Recommended

Did anyone ever reply to your question?  I am also having the same issue.  HELP!!!!

HP Recommended

It should be ok, DST most likely stands for "Drive Self Test" which is part of your HP Diagnostic software tools, which is a trusted software on your PC. Try reinstalling the app and/or allowing it as needed through your antivirus scan software settings. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.