Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anyone know how to turn off tap-to-click on the new Spectre x360 models?

I've tried following other forum posts but they invariably refer to tabs and options that don't show up for me.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

If you have Windows 10 as you have stated, it should be pretty simple. 

My 2018 Hp product loan is a Spectre x360-15-ch000 model with Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) installed.

Type Control Panel into the search box and click on the Control panel icon that appears above the search box.

click.PNGclick1.PNGclick2.PNG

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I don't have that ClickPad tab (I've downloaded the Touchpad driver from HP😞

Sketch.png

HP Recommended

Sorry, I've update the model number on the OP (HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0023dx)

HP Recommended

It appears that you went into the Device Manager instead of the Control Panel.

In the Control Panel, look for a Synaptics Clickpad topic. Click on it.

There should be settings in the properties window that opens that you can change, including the ability to turn of clicking.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

No, I did go through control panel. My screenshot is of the same mouse properties window that you posted. Here's my control panel for your reference. I clicked Mouse, and the earlier screenshot is what shows up.

Sketch.png

HP Recommended

Ok.

Invoke the device manager with a windows key + X key. Select and click on device manager

What is the model of the clickpad that is shown as being present?

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having the same issue as the person who posted above. Similarly, going through the control panel did not work for me. HI have invoked the device manager with the windows + X key. How can I find/identify which model of the clickpad that I have? Under the "Desktop" heading I see "mice and other devices" but nothing about the clickpad.

HP Recommended

Finally, something worked!

I searched Synaptics Touchpad" and it brought me to an app (not any form of settings) and I was able to disable tap to click from there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.