Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15s-du3060TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Do my laptop has genuine windows. If yes then how can i get my product key as it was not provided to me.

If no product key is there then how can i update my windows.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the specs for your notebook, it came with W10 Home 64 bit.

HP Laptop 15s-du3060TX | HP Store India

The W10 product key is in the notebook's BIOS.

You don't need it to reinstall W10.

If you would like to see the product key and the version of W10 the key is good for, download and run the free Showkey Plus utility from the Microsoft Store.

Get ShowKeyPlus - Microsoft Store

HP Recommended

@Puneet_45045 

In addition to what @Paul_Tikkanen has already told you -- I need to mention that there is nothing to update it TO!

Windows 11 is still in Beta testing and will be at least until October 5th -- and even then, your model might not upgrade to it.

You need to know EVERYTHING that your system lacks for Windows 11, not just TPM or what the MS tool tells you.

Here is a link to a third-party tool that will check all the currently known requirements for Windows 11 and tell you what fails on your PC: https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11/releases

As to Windows 10, that will be going into maintenance mode when Win11 comes out, so there will be no new features, only security updates -- and you don't need your product key for those.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.