Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HDX -8 T1000
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Due to a virus and Trojan I lost the original HP Total Care icon on my desktop. It was the original one,  a blue square with two hands 1 orange and 1 white inside the square. As I recall I used it every now and again to check up on things in my computer but now I notice after the treatment to get rid of the new virus I can't seem to find the original program online to download. I remember at the time I bought the computer tech support told me to download it because they would be charging for it in the future. I don't know if this is why I am having trouble trying to find it or if HP Total Care with its icon on the desktop has been incorporated into HP advisor. It seems to me it had several other functions that are not present in the advisor. If there was different functionality can you please provide me with the original HP Total Care link or email it to me I can send you my serial number and the other number on the bottom of the computer to verify the fact that this is my computer and I have owned it since it was purchased.

I love my HP high definition and I hope I can keep it for a long long time. Thank you very much for any assistance in helping me figure this out and perhaps sending me the link if it's now one that needs to be paid for because I actually did on it and have a picture of my desktop before Verizon tech support started to work on it to get rid of the virus. Thanks again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.