Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have updated all the drivers on the laptop, but don't see the remaining battery time. 

Where as it shows remaining battery percentage. 

Attached is the screenshot as well. 

How and where the remaining battery time can be enabled? Untitled.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@MuneebHassan

I think Remaining time is a guess work, only God knows therefore remaining ca[acity is good enough. My machine is the same.

timex.png

But if you wish, please try

1. Restart the PC
  2. Rapidly hit the ESC key before the HP logo appears
  3. From the menu choose F10 BIOS Setup
  4. Use the right arrow key to tab over to System Configuration
  5. Choose Battery Remaining Time and hit Enter
  6. Select Enabled
  7. Hit F10 to save and exit BIOS

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Here same problem on 840 G6.

There is also no option available in the bios as mentioned.

How to fix this??

HP Recommended

Same problem on EliteBook 830 G5. No option in BIOS.

HP Recommended

Same problem here. PC shows remaining time to charge but it's anoying it does NOT shows battery remaining time to 0%. I've tried it all, even did the latest BIOS update and got into lots of trouble with HP sure start and g2 docking station.

I've tried the regedit configuration and there is no BIOS option that enables the remaining time in the latest update available as of Oct/20/2019.

Is this a funcion not available on this laptop? I had a Elitebook G2 last year that had this function with no problems.

Please advise.

System information:

Product number: HP EliteBook 840 G5 HC

Model: 4DY16UA#ABA

Bios:  Q78 Ver. 01.08.01 - 07/18/2019

HP Recommended

I believe they disabled percentage because battery life on these laptops is really crap.

[edit]

HP Recommended

I can confirm this is done by HP on the hardware-kernel level.

after some debugging in Linux. They block the "current_now" file in which you can find the power you're using now which depends on the brightness, processing etc.. and that number is used to calculate the estimated time. this is only done if the laptop is discharging but I can read the file while charging, They let that happen to let the OS calculate time remaining to full battery.

My laptop model is Probook 450 G5

That's not professional move from HP.

HP Recommended

Once you've confirmed this, is there any workaround this?.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.