Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv4-1120br
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Morning,

I have a HP Pavilion dv4-1120br, I know this HP notebook model is old, but i've instaled the Windows 10 64bits on my machine and saw that my BIOS is version F.30 and the last one available from the HP website is F.66 A.

The problem is this model doesn't have suport for Windows 10 because, like i said, is too old. Can I download and run the BIOS update for Windows 7 64 bits available from the website, or do I need to downgrade my OS to Windows 7, update the BIOS and then upgrade it again to Windows 10?

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Cantarino

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Your second guess is correct -- as the BIOS updates on the HP site are OS version-specific and if you try to run the one for Win7 in Win10,it will refuse to run.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Cantarino

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Your second guess is correct -- as the BIOS updates on the HP site are OS version-specific and if you try to run the one for Win7 in Win10,it will refuse to run.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

WAWood,

Thank you!

Can I ask you one more question?  If I downgrade the OS and update the BIOS, can I encounter any problems if I want to later upgrade the OS to Win 10 again?

I'm starting to think that updating the BIOS is a bad idea.

Thanks again for yout support!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.