Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2710e/Lenovo Think pad.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am in a situation where I have no WiFi network and I wish to use the provided USB cable. I can't get an answer from HP. Any suggestions? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@Planetarium,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Yes, you can connect the printer through a USB cable to print the document 

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Whilst I am grateful for the response, it is most unhelpful to say that it is possible with no indication of how. My laptop says "No driver installed " and does not print.

HP Recommended

Hi@Planetarium,

You can download HP smart from the Microsoft stores or follow the below steps.

If your printer connects by a wire, plug it into your device. It'll connect automatically, your PC will download the right drivers, and you can use it right away. To connect a wireless printer, follow these steps:

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Devices Printers & scanners > Add a printer or scanner.

alternate text

2. Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device. If you want to remove the printer later, just highlight it, andselect Remove.

3. If you don't see your printer, try to fix the problem by using the steps in Fix printer problems in Windows 10.

HP Recommended

My printer is recognised but the message is "No driver found for this USB device. I have tried to find a specific driver online but HP site is most unhelpful. 

HP Recommended

Hi@Planetarium,

Let's download HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software link

And download the firmware 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.