Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 - 15m-dr1012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product number 7UU10UA#ABA
Serial number [Personal Information Removed]

Synaptics WBDI SGX Driver Versio 6.0.33.1111 (11/19/2019) Port_#0005,.Hub#0001

Device was working fine until the most recent major windows update.  Now, fingerprint scanning won't unlock the computer, and when I look at the properties in Device Manager I get:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code31)

(Operation Failed)

The requested operation was unsuccessful"

Any ideas about what to try?  The computer is under warranty but I'd prefer not to send it in.

Thanks,

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I uninstalled the latest update i previously posted.  No change.  So i reinstalled it.  Still didn't work.   So I wen to device manager and uninstalled the Biometric device including checking the box for the drive software to be uninstalled. After that, I rebooted and then went back to device manager and went to Actions and then Scan for changes and it found and installed the driver again automatically.  the finger print reader is now working.

Before uninstalling and reinstalling, there was an ! triangle alert icon on the device.  The picture is after it was reinstalled.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Mine stopped working after the following update...

May 12, 2020-KB4552925 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004

I'm going to uninstall and see if it works again.

HP Recommended

Please let me know.  I know mine stopped working after an update, but I didn't catch which one was the culprit.

Jim

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the latest update i previously posted.  No change.  So i reinstalled it.  Still didn't work.   So I wen to device manager and uninstalled the Biometric device including checking the box for the drive software to be uninstalled. After that, I rebooted and then went back to device manager and went to Actions and then Scan for changes and it found and installed the driver again automatically.  the finger print reader is now working.

Before uninstalling and reinstalling, there was an ! triangle alert icon on the device.  The picture is after it was reinstalled.

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

Nice work, Danny!  That did the trick.  Fingerprint working again.  Thanks so much,

Jim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.