Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavillon G62
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Try to erase win 7 home 32 bits without succes i change my hard disk the old one collapst.

win 7home was istall by hp what is the procedure to remove existing 32bits to reinstalle win 7 pro 64 bits

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @byvan,

Thank you for your query. If I understand correctly your original hard drive failed and HP replaced it and installed the original Windows 7 home 32-bit operating system and you would like to replace it with Windows 7 Pro. You would like to know the process to accomplish this. 

If you have not yet created your recovery media, I would do that first so that if it should be required in the future, you will have them.   HP Notebook PCs - Creating a Recovery Disk on a USB Flash Disk  Next you will need to configure the boot order to boot to the media that has Windows 7 pro. HP PCs - Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS. Once you have the boot order configured to boot to the Windows 7 pro, insert the disk in the optical drive or connect the USB and power off the notebook. When you restart the notebook it should boot to the installation media, which will format the drive and then do the installation.Please let me know the results.

Please click the Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

HI @byvan,

Thank you for your query. If I understand correctly your original hard drive failed and HP replaced it and installed the original Windows 7 home 32-bit operating system and you would like to replace it with Windows 7 Pro. You would like to know the process to accomplish this. 

If you have not yet created your recovery media, I would do that first so that if it should be required in the future, you will have them.   HP Notebook PCs - Creating a Recovery Disk on a USB Flash Disk  Next you will need to configure the boot order to boot to the media that has Windows 7 pro. HP PCs - Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS. Once you have the boot order configured to boot to the Windows 7 pro, insert the disk in the optical drive or connect the USB and power off the notebook. When you restart the notebook it should boot to the installation media, which will format the drive and then do the installation.Please let me know the results.

Please click the Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I wand to clarifie the situation the laptop was bought with a original image of win 7 32 bits after my HD collapsse i bought a new HD 1 thb and bouth WIN 7 PRO 64 BITS  after ti trye to install the win 7 64 without succes probably the 32 bits remain in the memory know i try to clean the machine without succes i hav a bleu screen nothing in the programs in control.That is my probleme. Thanks for your diligence.

Yvan

HP Recommended

Hi @byvan,

Just to clarify a couple of points. You purchased the 1 TB hard drive and installed it, correct? A new hard drive would be blank, the old one would have the Windows 7 32 bit. Unless you installed or had someone install Windows 7 32 bit on the new drive there would be no previous operating system to worry about.  To rule hardware out as an issue please run the hardware tests. HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista) If no hardware issues are located, please contact Microsoft for assistance with the installation as you purchased a retail disk. 

Microsoft Corporation / Customer service

1-800-642-7676

Microsoft Support Contact Us

Please let me know how it goes.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

The situation is  right now the Laptop HP pavillon G62-358 came with preloaded with WIN7 home 32 bits  the 25 heys letter are on the sticker back on the laptop my computer fall on the ground the hard disk failled i replace the HD disk by  a  WD Blue 1.OTB plus a memory stick +2 gb (total memory 4+2)also i buy a OEM WIN 7 PRO 64 bits with a 25 key number i trye to load Win7

after restore several time now it is a complet mixup with error as %windir%\\system32\\ sdllt.exe and several other

i understand i must reload Win 7 32bits before upgrade as i have no Backup wath wil be the best way is it to contact HP for reload win7 home 32 bits  my network is not working but right now i have two other HP laptop one G6 Win 7 pro and one HP 15-ab292nr Win 10.

Thank you for your Help

Yvan

HP Recommended

If the hardware is OK meaning the motherboard and memory and you put in a new blank hard drive, the Windows 7 Pro 64 bit should load just fine on the computer. There is no issue with the old 32 bit operating system There is no need to put it back on and indeed, you cannot do that and then put on 64 bit. 

I suspect either the drop did more damage than you think or the new memory you put in is not compatible. Try installing the 64 bit Windows 7 with just the old memory in place. 

HP Recommended

I trye several times to reload Win7 pro but it seems that nothing happen no loading appears .

HP Recommended

Also when i trye to reload win7 pro  64 bits the loading is not working because they don't ask me for the 25 kys numbers on the end  nothing on the computer

HP Recommended

ALSO EVERYTIME I TRYE SOMETHING I HAVE THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE

%windir%\\system32\\en-us erofflps.txt  and a lot of errors 

HP Recommended

Hello @byvan,

I would suggest you contact Microsoft since you are installing it from a retail copy of Windows7. You can reach them here:

Microsoft Corporation / Customer service

1-800-642-7676

Microsoft Support Contact Us

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.