Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a G71-35OUS Notebook and for the last week it has been giving me electric shocks when touching top and bottom.  How can I stop this and is it safe?

Thanks

Jennyv2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Jenny,

Do you experience the tingle current at your neighbor's house also?  Or at work, etc.  It could be an electrical issue with the wiring in the home or surge protector.  It could be a problem with the ac adapter.

The good news is that tingle current is not harmful to you or the PC.  You should try the steps at that link as well.  Some people are more sensitive to the tingle than others.  Does anyone else around you feel the current?

-wes

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

jenny,

Please review this document and let me know which type of shock you are experiencing.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02807128

wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

It is a tingle current.  The power cord is is attached to a grounded 3 prong plug.r

HP Recommended

Jenny,

Do you experience the tingle current at your neighbor's house also?  Or at work, etc.  It could be an electrical issue with the wiring in the home or surge protector.  It could be a problem with the ac adapter.

The good news is that tingle current is not harmful to you or the PC.  You should try the steps at that link as well.  Some people are more sensitive to the tingle than others.  Does anyone else around you feel the current?

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Thanks Wes,
I will check that out.
Jenny
HP Recommended

Hi Wes,

I am facing the same issue in my brand new Envy dv6 Laptop.

My Power Surge Protector's green light is On and my 7 year old HP laptop is also connected to the same Surge Protector but its working fine. And, all the family members are feeling this little ectrical shocks. 

We all are shocked to see a brand new laptop shocking all of us with such a problem:-(

Any solutions? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.