RossFloyd
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Emails and a PST file

Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My POP Outlook would not open because it said the PST file was corrupt. I ran ScanPST over it and that allowed it to open but now I am missing the last three month of emails and calendar appointments.

Is there a way to retrieve these or are they part of the corruption in the PST file? How to recover outlook pst file?

4 REPLIES 4
Level 10
4,161 4,159 562 1,266
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Emails and a PST file

Hello @RossFloyd,

Sorry to know !!

Please try this : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
christianberg
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Emails and a PST file

1. Corruption of PST file can be caused by virus infection or human or software errors specially when the file is opened and modified incorrectly.

2. Improper shutdown of the system before exiting the Outlook application.

3. It also happens when the PST exceeds the size of 2GB. When this error happens, the PST file cannot be found and Outlook will not synchronize.

0 Kudos
RossFloyd
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Emails and a PST file

Thank you all for your advice! The issue has been resolved. I'm appreciative for your responses and help.

0 Kudos
Level 10
4,161 4,159 562 1,266
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Emails and a PST file

You're very Welcome !! @RossFloyd

If you are happy with the help you received share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution

You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

All the Best !!   Thanks for being a member!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation