Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy Fn Function Keys do not seamlessly work through Citrix/Gotomypc

Envy M6-AQ105DX laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Even though the Function Keys are Enabled in BIOS, we still have to depress the Fn key together with the specific function key (f1-f12) when using function keys on host computers accessed through Citrix/gotomypc.  This is a problem we experience only with our HP laptops, not the Acers or Lenovos, or the Dell desktops used remotly.  There is some type of problem in the way HP send the function key signals.  They'll work, but only if we depress the Fn key at the bottom left of the keyboard.  It's a pain.  I called HP and they immediately blamed it on either Citrix or our host computer applications, but the fact that we do not experience this issue with any of the other devices we use certainly indicate it's an HP issue.   Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19262 19220 1253 2019
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @greggrom,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand the Fn keys do not seamlessly work through Citrix/GoToMyPC the computer isn't working and you need a way to fix this issue,

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue

This is how it is designed to function on these laptops. If you wish to disable them, please follow the instructions:

And here's the step to disable the Function key:

1. Click the Start button, then click Run .

2. In the Run window, next to Open , type MSCONFIG .

3. Press the ENTER key.

4. In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.

5. On the Startup tab, under Startup Item , ensure that uncheck the HKserv checkbox.

Let me know how that pans out,

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
greggrom Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Biswajeet, there is no option for HKserv in that Startup tab.  That entire tab is empty and only referes to using the startup section of the Task manager.  I tried searching the computer and cannot locate HKserv anywhere.  Is there somewhere else it might be?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19262 19220 1253 2019
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @greggrom,

Thanks for replying. As I understand you have tried following the steps and still having the same issue. Let's try the steps from this support document for 'Disable The Fn + Function Key Combination on Certain Models' - Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers! Good Luck.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
greggrom Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This did not solve the problem.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19262 19220 1253 2019
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @greggrom,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Thanks and Regards

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation