Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 17-cg0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bonjour;

J'ai reçu un message de HP Support Assistant : 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) - SoftPaq number: sp112168 Version F.21  Size 9.59MB. ( This version is dated January 13, 2021).

Quand j'ai essayé d'installer la mise à jour, le message suivant s'affiche : 

"The BIOS you are trying to install is older than the current version in the unit, it might cause functional risk if you install it. Are you sure that you want to install?" Next or Exit. En toute logique j'ai sélectionner Exit,  puisque ''d'après le message'', la version installer sur mon pc est plus récente que celle que je tente d'installer.

Mais après vérification la version installée sur mon PC est :  "BIOS Version/Date Insyde F12, 11/10/2020".

Je suis confus et perplexe, la version F.21 du 13/01/20021 semble plus récente que celle installée sur mon PC. Que dois-je faire lorsque le message d'erreur apparait, dois-je cliquer sur Next alors que c'est précisé que cela risque d'endommager mon PC. Pourriez-vous m'aider SVP.

Salutations

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @OutHome 

Hope your doing fine! 

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
HP Recommended

received a message to update BIOS on my laptop: 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) - SoftPaq number: sp112168 Version F.21  Size 9.59MB. ( This version is dated January 13, 2021).

When I attempted to install, at the last step, I got the following message: 

"The BIOS you are trying to install is older than the current version in the unit, it might cause functional risk if you install it. Are you sure that you want to install?" Next or Exit. I selected "Exit" and did not proceed further based on the message as it indicates this is an older version I am trying to install.

When I look at the current version installed on my laptop, it shows as follows:  "BIOS Version/Date Insyde F12, 11/10/2020"

I am confused as it appears the version currently installed on my laptop is F12 (11/10/2020) is older and this version is F.21 (January 13, 2021) going by the number appears newer. Am I missing something? Does these versions numbers mean anything? My logic would tell me F.21 would be a newer version then F12. But I am perplexed now. 

HP Recommended

Hi@OutHome, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.