Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
65XXHP Pavilion x360 14-cd1004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The option to use my fingerprint scanner on my laptop isn't available on the sign in options

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Waz6678 wrote:

The option to use my fingerprint scanner on my laptop isn't available on the sign in options

@Waz6678 

Does your machine have Finger Print sensor ? I can't find the option on its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06212386

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Waz6678 

You may need to update your fingerprint reader software.

Consider

If you have not already done so,

Consider manually  updating (download-save-install) any other HP Drivers for 2019 listed in your computer's Software and Drivers Website support.  Open the website page and click "Open all" > Search the page for drivers dated "2019" (as of this writing).  Install each driver / software "one at a time".

After drivers / software are installed, Restart the computer and log in.

Download and save the new fingerprint reader software.

Remove the driver (uninstall) the reader driver from the Device Manager

Open Device Manager > Biometrics > Right-Click Properties > Uninstall

Open File Explorer

Navigate to the folder in which you saved the downloaded fingerprint software package (Downloads)

Double-tap on the installation package to install the software.

After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.

The following driver is the update for Windows 10 v1903

Synaptics Fingerprint Sensor Driver (Windows 10 v1903)

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP Pavilion x360 14-cd1004na

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.