Top Student
9 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint reader doesn't work after reset

Envy j003 tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I reset my laptop after I upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 then I tried to unlock my computer using inbuilt fingerprint reader but widows doesn't recognize my fingerprint reader and hp simplepass also doesn't... under the biometric devices on device manager it shows fingerprint reader is working properly... but I can't unlock or log into Web sites using fingerprint....
What should I do???
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
21453 21272 1812 6817
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Gumindu

The following might be helpful - no guarantees; migration is hard on the system and sometimes the results are less than perfect.

You will have a better chance of success if you have installed all your HP drivers for Windows 10.

HP ENVY 17-j003tx Notebook PC

If you have not done so, please download and (re)install the Fingerprint Driver:

Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver

After the driver is installed > Reboot the computer and log in

Be sure to create a PIN in Sign-in Options so you can enable the fingerprint reader.

• Windows 10 (fingerprint) logon 

Settings > Account > Sign-in Options > PIN number >> PIN assignment is mandatory

Which flavor of HP SimplePass?

If you were still running HP SimplePass Series 6 - that is, any SimplePass program version 6.x, then you must abandon that older program set (uninstall it from the computer and reboot), then upgrade to the newer SimplePass software from Softex.

sp76923 HP SimplePass V8.01.62A W7-W10 32/64bit

NOTES:  

• Series 8 HP SimplePass is NOT an update to Series 6 HP SimplePass  
  • These are two completely different programs written by different (competing) companies  
  • Series 8 HP SimplePass is supported in Windows 10
  • The website / password encryption is different in each program set -- there is NO conversion from Series 6 to Series 8.  (You have to start over and re-create all your websites and passwords.)

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

Sections of interest include:

Windows 10

• Order of Events is important
  • Change Sign-In Options

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
Gumindu Top Student
Top Student
9 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've already done all the things what you mentioned above using hp 15 j003tx drivers.. There wasn't a good result... mine is hp15 one... what do you expect from installing hp17 drivers???
Please give me further instructions......
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
21453 21272 1812 6817
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Gumindu

Perhaps an understandable mistake given the available information in the first post:

Results for "Envy j003 tx" (2)

Another try:

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j003tx Notebook PC

Nonetheless, a quick check shows that the fingerprint Driver is the same for both these similar models.

Windows 10 fingerprint logon:

It is necessary to install a Driver rated for at least Windows  8.x; the Driver meets this requirement.

sp63418.exe

(26.2 MB)

HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC
HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Notebook PC
HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
HP ENVY TouchSmart 17 Notebook PC
HP ENVY 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC

OPERATING SYSTEM(S):
Microsoft Windows 10 64
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 Bit

LANGUAGE(S): Global

DEVICES SUPPORTED:
Validity Eagle Sensor(WBF) (PID=0050)

If you wish to change drivers, it is best if you delete the existing driver from the Device Manager > reboot > download and install the replacement driver.

It is necessary to create the PIN in Sign-in options to enable the fingerprint reader.

If all else fails, consider installing the latest version of HP SimplePass > Reboot the computer and log in > return to Sign-in Options and attempt to set the PIN and enable the fingerprint reader.

The latest Series 8 HP SimplePass program is compatible with the fingerprint Driver and with Windows 10.

I will post back if I have anything else to add.

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation