MikeSparrow87
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Frame loss in Fortnite - Updated Bios, no change

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 2019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently had a huge issue with frame drops but only when playing Fortnite, I have Sea of Thieves, Friday the 13th, Call of Duty MW, and many other way more graphics intensive programs on my computer but I am suffering zero frame loss on them, I am on the other hand going from 190 frames down to 20 and even 10 when anything happens on screen. Fortnite raises my CPU temps to 90+ degrees but does not put any pressure on my GPU, I assume this is a part of the power management on Hp's part and I wish to find a solution to save that. I have already updated my bios and chipset and that temporarily fixed the problem, I have vaccuumed out dust and am looking fr more possible solutions for having my baseline temps are 54 degrees when the same system belonging to a friend runs at 49 degrees in the same environment.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation