1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

GPU On Fedora 29 and HP 250 G6

HP Recommended
HP 250 G6
Linux

Hello everyone,

has anyone had any luck getting discrete GPU to work under Fedora 29? Or 28 for that matter.

I was even on Linux Mint and could not get it to work. Basically, fedora is using switcheroo to switch between integrated Intel graphics and discrete (in my case AMD Radeon) GPU. But whatever i do it fails.

For example, many people suggestt echo ON > /sys/kernel/debug/vaswitcheroo/switch && echo DIS > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch

But doesn't work. And when i try that while lightdm is not running, seems to work but then my display crashes and i lose all picture.

Using lsmod will display that radeon and andgpu modules are loaded but for some reason doesn't work no matter what i try.

I'm writing here because many people have success in making this work but this seems like a specific manufacturer problem.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation