Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have recently bought a gaming laptop ( HP Gaming 16.1'' Victus 16-d1006nq ) and it seemed odd at first that there were no drivers at all for Windows 10 which has become my goto OS.
HP forced my hand to install Windows 11 for their automatic driver install and update and from there everything went south.
With the latest windows update (22H2) almost all gaming performance has been destroyed. I am talking about drops in performance from 300+ fps  down to 60-70 fps for several minutes and then back to 300 with absolute no explanation.
This laptop has:
-12th gen Intel i5
-nVidia RTX 3060 6GB
-16GB Ram 4800Mhz
-1TB SSD
-144Hz Display
It SHOULD NOT struggle to keep CS:GO at over 150fps in order to use the high refresh-rate display properly......
I have checked temperatures and usage and they are always normal.
This problem comes only from the bad OS that Windows 11 truly is, being reported to affect gaming performance on several other gaming machines.
One million dollar question: is there ANY kind of workaround to install Windows 10 with all the necessary drivers (for WiFi, Audio, Trackpad, Storage etc.) on the specified laptop? I am thinking that HP did not design new PCBs only for this laptop and that the parts are re-used from different laptops that hopefully still support Windows 10 drivers...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the drivers from the previous model 16-d0xxx series which has W10 drivers.

Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Suppor...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.