moabster
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 15-p151na Back Cover

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-p151na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP can't supply a back cover for my Pavilion p151na. It works fine but the back cover has cracked at the hinges and I can't close it. It's only 4 years old and it looks like I'll have to scrap it and buy a new laptop. That would be like scrapping a 4 year old car because it needs a new boot lid ! I thought HP would be able to supply parts for a 4 year old computer.

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,646 32,546 2,958 7,270
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@moabster 

I'm not going to defend HP because that is not my role here ...

But have you tried doing online searches for the part number?

Asking because there are a lot of laptop refurbishing places that buy used laptops and refurbish them -- which would have you a LOT of money over buying a new one.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
moabster
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I can get a cover from the USA at 25% of the price of a new Laptop, which in my opinion isn't worth it as that's probably more than the value of my Laptop in good condition (Which it is apart from the cover).

I can also get a Red cover online but I need a Silver cover as the base and part of the back where the lid folds down into is Silver. I wouldn't buy a used or refurbished Laptop as I can afford a new one, I just don't need one as this Laptop works fine. I always thought when a manufacturer made a product they'd keep spares for it for a few years.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,646 32,546 2,958 7,270
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@moabster 

HP's general policy has been to support devices for 5 years -- so it baffles me that this soon, they would no longer have parts for this.

Sorry we can't be of more help.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation