Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP 6531S , Error code 601 pops out at the beginning of power on. How to Not let the message pop out?

Becasue my battery is not so bad.

I need not change battery. I just do not want  the message to waste me 15 seconds there.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
this could mean  capacity loss
Factors that contribute to loss of battery capacity
  • Li-Ion battery cells suffer gradual, irreversible capacity loss with each discharge-charge cycle. Such aging occurs more rapidly as temperature and discharge loads increase
and
While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir:

I know the reason for this error.

In fact, what I need is to let this message not pop out.

By the way, I have downloaded your Battery checking software, and checked my battery, the result is that the battery is used off. For 2 reasons I do not want to change the battery:

1. The battery can sustain 10 minutes after power plug is off. So I can save my data in this time.

2. Asked BestBuy and FutureSHop, they so not have battery to sell.

So do you have any idea to let the message not pop out?

Best regards!

David Fan

HP Recommended

check battery alert messages under power options

then advanced power options

then click

battery and disable any alerts

battery.jpg

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
HP Recommended

Dear :

I think you are using Windows 7.

While I am using XP.

I checked Power options in XP, but I cannot find the settings you taught me.

Sorry for that.

Can you please teach me what I shall do in XP?

Best regards!

FanHua

HP Recommended

this is the information for xp

HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts

Can the HP Battery Alert be disabled?
No, the HP Battery Alert can not be disabled
HP Recommended

Dear Sir:

Thank you very much for replying me.

I have checked the URL you gave me. I found that the error message is stored in BIOS.

So I wish to know:

Can I brush the BIOS (to reInstall the BIOS) to make the message disappear?

Thank You!

FanHua

HP Recommended

as it is built in re-installing bios results in the same situation

but you can shorten the alert

Can I bypass or skip the HP Battery Alert message?
The HP Battery Alert message appears for a period of 15 seconds, after which the notebook PC will automatically continue starting up. After seeing the HP Battery Alert message appear, you may depress the Enter key to have the notebook PC continue starting up before the 15 second period lapses
HP Recommended

Dear Sir:

I see.

So I advise HP to remove this disgusting message in the future computers.

Best regards!

FanHua

HP Recommended

Hi,

I also have this 601 message.

I gather from the technical information of HP support that it is the primary battery (CMOS battery which is bad )

But can it be the ONLY reason that I cannot get past start up and the Recovery Manager?

(I have checked Memory, OK , checked harddisk ,OK, restoration to previous date, succesful)..

The only thing I did not try is restoration to the default (factory) parameters .

Would I loose data when I do this?

Can I replace the CMOS battery myself? with what type of battery? (cannot find it on HP spare parts website

my computer: HP Pavilion dv5 1010ef   , Widows Vista factory installed, no cd

Thanks in advance for any advice

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.