Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8440p Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought a Maxuni USB bluetooth 5.0 adapter that said it was compatible with Windows 7 when I bought it. I downloaded the contents of the CD that came with it, and followed the instructions but I can't get the computer to recognize the adapter. I'm using a USB WIFI adapter that works great. When I finish running the setup a dialog box pops up that says "REALTEK Bluetooth is not installed on this computer".  I saw in a different forum that I might need to download a Broadcom Bluetooth driver but I don't know enough about this laptop to know if that's the one I need as or not. Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I downloaded the BT 5.0 driver zip file from the website, and it uses the Realtek Bluetooth radio.

Maxuni | Welcome to Maxuni (maxunishop.com)

The only suggestion I can offer would be to download the BT 5.0 zip file from the link above.

Unzip the file to its folder and run the setup application inside the W7x64 driver folder, which is inside the BT_Driver folder.

HP Recommended

The W7x64 Driver is on the install CD and is the driver I originally tried when I started this process. I went to the Maxuni website and downloaded the dongle 5.0 driver but when I attempt to open it I get this error.  I've tried downloading it twice now. Sceenshot.PNG

HP Recommended

I had no problem downloading and unzipping the file to its driver folder which was how I could provide the instructions to install the driver.

Download and save the file.

Install the free 7-zip file utility from the link below.

The 1st link at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

After you install 7-zip, right click on the file you downloaded.

Select 7-zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name.

Then you can click on the file to open it and browse to the other folders.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately I don't have any other ideas for you to try since I was able to unzip the file and would have no idea why you can't.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.