Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6510b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

Please, I am looking for a valid link to download BIOS update version F.0E for an HP Compaq 6510b. The link provided in the support page for the laptop model is no longer valid.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no BIOS updates for W7.

F.0E is listed under the previous versions history under the Vista driver section...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp38000.exe

I don't know what the consequences will be if you try updating the BIOS in W7.

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm just trying to solve this issue: "system fails to resume from Standby when SATA is set to non-SATA in F10 setup", which is said to be solved by the update.

Would you say that applying this update under a different Windows OS than Vista is unsafe? I had the impression that a BIOS update, specific as this one, is not dependent on the OS.

As a workaround, what if I change the SATA state set in BIOS setup?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It is generally not a good idea to run the BIOS update using an unsupported operating system.

It may work just fine, it may destroy your notebook.  There will be no half measure.

The problem is that the BIOS update uses Windows to install the files into the BIOS.

I explored the BIOS update file and here is what the instructions state...maybe it will work because all it states is flash the system BIOS in the Microsoft Windows Operating System environment.  It doesn't specify what version of Windows.

You are going to have to decide what you want to do.  I can't help you with that.  If you can't reinstall Vista, then...

TITLE: HPQFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (68DDU) - Windows-based

VERSION: F.0E
DESCRIPTION:
This package creates files that contain the HPQFlash utility and a binary
image of the System BIOS (ROM) for notebook models with a 68DDU
Family ROM. The HPQFlash utility is used to locally flash the System BIOS on
PCs operating in a Microsoft Windows Operating System environment.

To determine the ROM revision and ROM date, run the Setup Utility by
pressing F10 on the target computer during startup and then view
File/System Information.

PURPOSE: Routine
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP38000
EFFECTIVE DATE: 16 November 2007
CATEGORY: BIOS
SSM SUPPORTED: No

HOW TO USE:

1. Download the SoftPaq .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.

2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Copyright (c) 2007 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

I understand the risk.

One thing bothers me, though. In the SP38000.html link there is no reference to the fix "The problem where the system fails to resume from Standby when SATA is set to non-SATA in F10 setup has been fixed" that is mentioned in this other link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-6510b-notebook-pc/3355650/model/3355665/document/c012...

I would like to check the fixes related to the BIOS update version F.10. Please, could you provide me the link for this update?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You do realize that BIOS updates are cumulative, correct?

In other words, the latest BIOS update would have all the fixes and enhancements of any of the previous updates.

F.10 doesn't do much...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38001-38500/sp38259.html

F.0E does less...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp38000.html

Anyway, you can look all of this information up yourself.

Go to your notebook's support page, select the Vista 64 bit drivers, click on each BIOS update listed and it will have the enhancements and fixes.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-6510b-notebook-pc/3355650

Or you can look up each BIOS info on the HP FTP site at the link below...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.