Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Docking Station and Two External Monitors

HP EliteBook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I work from home and all the equipment I have was provided by my company.  I have an HP ultra slim docking station which my HP laptop is connected to.  Also connected to the docking station is a mouse, keyboard, and two HP EliteDisplay E190i monitors.  Since hooking everything, I keep losing my screen.  What I mean by that is they keep going black and when they come back on, the screen distored and there is an error message at the bottom of the screen.  I can't recall the exact message because it disappears pretty quickly but it basically says that the graphics was lost.  I assume this has something to do with running three screens on the docking station (the laptop, and two monitors).  Is this right?  If so, how do I fix it?  I lose time everytime it happens becuase I usually have to reboot the system to get rid of the distortion.  

Please note:  I have called my IT and they aren't too much help.  

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
45984 4356 11093
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you do not provide identification for the notebook, no one can help you.

What is the product number of the notebook and the docking station?

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
savery01 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi There,

I apologize for not posting the demographics of the laptop and the docking station.  The laptop is an HP EliteBook 840 G3.  The docking station is literally just called an HP UltraSlim Docking Station.  Hope this helps.

Also, I lost my display again this morning and took a quick screenshot of the message I am getting.  

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Provost Provost
Provost
45984 4356 11093
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you know which product number your PC has? that would be helpful.

The docking station will also have a product number.

This web document lilsts the compatible docking station. Is this the one you have? The product number is in parentheses.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=5422417

Here is a compatibility document for HP's current docking stations

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04168358&doctype=quickspecs&doclang=EN_US&sea...

Have you tried updating the driver found at the Intel download portal instead of at the HP portal or via Windows 10 update?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation