Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

We have the same issue. 
We've got 115 Envy x360 13-ar0697nd with ryzen 5 with no issues.

7 Envy  x360 13-ar0350nd with ryzen 7 and have the same issue as topic starter. Also during charging, went to sleep and get extreemly hot. After holding power button for a few seconds it slowly cools down and is able to power on again after a while.

Seems to me it needs some kind of BIOS update (already use the newest F19). The notebooks are just 2 weeks old!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, I too have an ENVY X360 with Ryzen 7, and also experiencing the same issue. I have the latest Radeon drivers 20.4.2, and the latest BIOS. Sometimes it a few hours after laptop goes to sleep, and sometimes its days. When it gets hot, you need to hold the power button for a few seconds before it reboots. The heat cannot be good for the internal components!

HP Recommended

@EFUN

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, yes I just downloaded and installed the latest bios version (f20) along with the latest radeon drivers today and it is still locking up and heating up when the laptop is in sleep mode.

Any other ideas? 

Thanks,

Eric 

HP Recommended

I do every thing !.. 

update my machine  to last update 

download AMD Adrenalin 2020 it come with last update

and still can't wake up  if the laptop sleep and also over heat so much heating  

HP Recommended

@alfuhigi Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing an overheating issue.

I have a few steps to resolve this issue:  

Symptoms of heat issues and causes of excessive heat  

The following list describes some of the issues caused by overheating in the notebook:  

• Games stop responding during play.  

• Windows stops responding during use.  

• Fans inside the notebook become louder because they are spinning faster as the laptop gets hot, to remove the heat.  

• When starting the laptop, it sometimes stops at a black screen and does not open into Windows. Windows usually stop responding when it does open.  

The following list describes some causes of excessive heat:  

• Dust inside the laptop.  

• A new component, such as a hard drive, is added. The extra component causes the power supply to work harder and generate more heat. Extra heat also radiates off the new component and adds to the temperature inside the case.  

• Over time, some cooling fans might slow down and wear out, as the laptop is getting hot, depending on the usage of the laptop.  

• High ambient room temperature.  

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents  

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation  

Step 3: Updating the BIOS  

Step 4: Using HP CoolSense technology  

Step 5: Placing the notebook in a cooler room  

Step 6: Testing for hardware failure  

If the hardware has failed, capture the failure ID and revert for further assistance.  

If the Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal: Click here for more details. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.