Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17t (17-ce100 / 6UX02AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received my new HP Envy 17t (17-ce100 / 6UX02AV) and  I performed a clean install of Windows 10 1909 (19H2).  To my surprise, the current Windows 10 drivers for the touch screen and touchpad do not work.  I get an error saying that my OS is not supported.  I've read several posts that tell you to edit the install.cmd file using notepad and change 19H1 to 19H2 as well as changing 10.0.18362 to 10.0.18363.  I have done this and still was unable to install the drivers.  I would think that HP would be able to update the drivers since Windows 10 version 1909 came out in November 2019.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  This is really bad for HP...  I spent well over $1000 for this laptop and am very disappointed.  I may be sending it back. Thanks for any help in advance.

1.JPG

install.cmd file text...

@echo off
REM Set you log name and path here.
Set Logpath=C:\system.sav\Logs\Softpaq_install.log
if not exist C:\system.sav\Logs md C:\system.sav\Logs
REM Detect OS version
set os_ver=10.0.18363
for /f "tokens=1,2 delims== " %%i in ('wmic os get version /value') do (if /i %%~i == version set "os_ver=%%~j")
if not defined os_ver echo [%date%][%time%][%~dpnx0] Could not get OS version >> %Logpath% & goto fail
ECHO [%date%][%time%][%~dpnx0] Detected OS version : [%os_ver%] >> %Logpath%

REM ================== Check if OS is RS5 (10.0.17763) or 19H2 (10.0.18363) ==================
ECHO [%date%][%time%][%~dpnx0] Check if OS version has met requirement >> %Logpath%
IF /I [%os_ver%] EQU [10.0.17763] echo [%date%][%time%][%~dpnx0] OS version match. >> %Logpath% & goto Install_DRV
IF /I [%os_ver%] EQU [10.0.18363] echo [%date%][%time%][%~dpnx0] OS version match. >> %Logpath% & goto Install_DRV

echo [%date%][%time%][%~dpnx0] OS version missmatch. >> %Logpath%
goto unsupport_OS

:Install_DRV
Pnputil.exe /add-driver "%~dp0base\*.inf" /install

goto END

:fail
goto END

:unsupport_OS
mshta.exe vbscript:Execute("msgbox ""The driver is not supported on this OS version (%os_ver%)."",48,""Warning"":close")
:END

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Danny927
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( this will download the latest touchpad driver ) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestions echo_lake.  I have already updated the bios, ran Windows update, and used HP support assistant.  It seems that there is no driver for Windows 10 version 1909.  The 2 drivers available do not work. One says Windows 10 64 bit and the other says Windows 10 version 1903.  They are actually the same driver sp#.  I'd rather not reinstall Windows again, opting to wait for the drivers to become available.   I usually use a wireless mouse anyway.  I've never had a touch screen, so that's not a huge deal either.  1909 came out in mid November so I guess it's just a matter of time. Hard to believe HP release drivers specifically for one version,1903, of Windows 10. That's just dumb.  The wait goes on...

HP Recommended

@Danny927

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try and reinstall windows operating system:

Before you start the system recovery, review the following list:

• Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery. Failure to backup your files results in the loss of files and information that you do not want to lose. For instructions to backup and save your files, see Backing Up Your Files (Windows 10,

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961 to Performa System Recovery (Windows 10)

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Echo_Lake,

Thanks for the input... I really do not want to reinstall or recover the OS.  There are drivers missing for Windows 10 1909.  Windows did an update to 1909 via Windows Update and I had issues with the Touchpad.   I did not notice the touch screen not working at this point.  So I did a clean install of 1909 to fix those issues.  The only recovery I can do would be to 1909 and I would be back to where I started.  I did not copy the factory image opting to use a clean version of Windows 10 (1909 downloaded from Microsoft) to install.  I've re-installed 1909 twice. Both times, I have issues with the drivers for the synaptics touchpad and the touch screen.  Neither of which work.  Windows is updating users to 1909 via Windows Update...  Drivers from HP would be nice.  The only drivers available specifically state Windows 10 1903.  Hence the issue.  Hopefully HP updates the drivers soon since Microsoft is already pushing 1909 to machines.

HP Recommended

@Danny927

Thank you for posting back. 

I did a research on this issue and checked with Microsoft for driver details and found out Windows will let you know if the latest drivers are available for your computer. 

In meantime try driver rollback. 

1. Open Device Manager, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.
  2. Expand Display Adapters.
  3. Double-click on your Intel® display device.
  4. Select the Driver tab.
  5. Click Roll Back Driver to restore.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.