Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15M-DS0012DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So any of you  guys got the older envy's? I just upgraded an ancient laptop to the new Envy x360 and feel little sad learning the fact that a lot of the new laptops don't have the full on sleep mode and have this  (what seems to be pointless) modern stanby where the computer draws quite a lot of power;  really silly to not support such a old basic feature.  😕

Have any past bios / firmware updates brought this back to any of the HP lines?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@metalron,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

I understand you seems to have an issue with the sleep mode on your new HP Envy laptop. 

On older PC's S3 Standby- Suspend to RAM (context saved to RAM) In this state, your PC in standby and all fans, hard drivers and other devices are powered down into a sleep state. Power consumption is less

On your new Windows 10 notebook, Are designed to wake up for faster, this is why it uses some power. 

If you have any issues where the computer does not wake up from sleep or computer does not go into sleep mode. Let me know so that I can provide you with accurate solution which should help you resolve this issue. 

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I understand but I have seen new laptops and windows 10 support s3.  I and I'm sure a lot of your users would like to have both options, At times I would carry it in a bag, or have it sleep for an hour or two or, at this point I would prefer the least amount of battery wastage, not to mention the heat etc if in the bag. s3 was perfect, this new method is a little ridiculous considering it's pretty much like just having the screen off, and speed isn't a issue as with the new SSD's things are fast enough. But battery life while keeping the current state intact with s3 is really the best option before hibernation.

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, @metalron,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Also another bug I have been experiencing is the fingerprint sensor, it's great but the all of a sudden it doesn't accept any of the fingerprints, after a restart, all is good again 😕

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.