Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@kurtd wrote:

@mylivingeulogy wrote:

So I was able to finally fix this issue. I booted into safe mode, uninstalled drivers using DDU (didn't reboot). I already had downloaded the Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-18.12.2-Dec12 version of the drivers (the newest drivers on AMD's website as of right now). I just chose processor with graphics and then ryzen, ryzen 5 desktop and one of the options. It honestly doesn't really matter TOO much what you choose as I'm certain that all the downloads are most likely the same?

Then you go to device manager, display adapters, whatever the default windows gpu is, right click, update drivers.

Click browse my computer, then choose the let me pick from a list of drivers (since technically these drivers aren't compatible with our gpu), click have disk, go to the AMD folder where the drivers were unpacked to. then you go to... packages/drivers/display/WT6A_INF/   then i chose the C0337011 file. then you hit ok...it should then show a large list of all the AMD video cards, I selected AMD radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics. Hit ok.. and it should install. You are going to have to manually install the rest but at least the display driver is installed. I was able to turn back on hardware acceleration and have yet to have a blank screen crash/reboot since. I'm testing out 3D applications/games now. I'll report back if my laptop starts crashing, since... technically... these drivers don't support the chipset.

I did the same exact procedure yesterday and haven't had a crash yet so these instructions are good for anyone else needing to fix the crashing issue.  Don't bother contacting HP because they recommend that I do a factory restore which would wipe out my data but probably not fix the issue.  HP really needs to update the video drivers they provide on their site since they're over a year old now.  We shouldn't have to do all this work to get our computers working.  The reps should at least have this info in their internal knowledge base so they don't have customers waste time doing factory restores. 

Atm, F.19 Frimware update (VRAM 1GB allocation) and forced update Adrenalin-2019-Edition-18.12.2-Dec12 driver works pretty good on my 2500U machine. It's disappointing the experence is not "out of the box".

Other Ryzen APU laptop vendors also has the old mobile 23.xx.xxx.xxxx  driver instead of Adrenalin 18.12.2 with Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.15002.58 driver or Adrenalin 18.5.1 with Windows Driver Store Version 24.20.11016.4 .

There's a high proability AMD is the real problem. I'm follow posters in reddit to push AMD to release A12 APU level driver support for Ryzen APUs.

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

Please note that the group policy method is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions of windows.

HP Recommended

@Jo-Kery wrote:

Please note that the group policy method is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions of windows.

Gpedit.Msc can be installed on Windows 10 Home. 

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-db0000-laptop-pc/20395843/model/22783863?sku=...

HP has update it's Ryzen APU drivers to 24.20.12050.0  (Nov 19, 2018),. 

HP Recommended

@ron_valen wrote:

@Jo-Kery wrote:

Gpedit.Msc can be installed on Windows 10 Home. 

Oh really?  I did not know that.  What steps should I follow to install Gpedit.Msc on W10 Home?

HP Recommended

@ron_valen wrote:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-db0000-laptop-pc/20395843/model/22783863?sku=...

HP has update it's Ryzen APU drivers to 24.20.12050.0  (Nov 19, 2018),. 

Has anyone installed these latest drivers?   

Are they stable and do they play nicely with BIOS F19?

HP Recommended

A new graphics driver (Nov 2018) isnlt listed for my model (15-BQ150) but whist on the downloads page I thought I'd check the BIOS section.... F19 is no longer listed. Latest available is F17. In fact it's strange that there are three options to download with the latest labelled F03. What's that all about?

HP Recommended

Yep, I can confirm F19 is taken down from the official HP Envy download page, F17 is the highest no. in BIOS sequence while F.03 is the latest dated Nov 27, 2018.

Quietly, no announcement whatsoever, HP removed a BIOS that's been wrecking Envy laptops.

What happens to those who updated to F.19 and due to limited use have no idea yet what already hit them or what soon will?

Any fix in the works?

HP Recommended

After speaking with HP Support today I learned that they have received a memo this morning re. withdrawn support for BIOS F.19.

F.19 is currently unsupported and will likely be superseded by a new ver. (or rebadged older ver. e.g. F.17) and posted together with corresponding higher number signature file so update (i.e. = downgrade) is at all possible. HP recent laptop's BIOSes have rollback lock and downgrade is/was not possible once updated.

There must have been quite a few complaints forcing HP to act, LOL. Finally!!!

HP Recommended

Glad to know, i did the update because normally the bios can be downgraded or backed up, hp should inform about that little detail.

Anyway i just read a comment of an user that has solved this problem updating vga driver.

-Download latest adrenaline driver from Amd website

-Dont install the update but unzip it

-Intall the update via "Device manager" selecting "Vega 8" from the list.

Done, should work fine

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.