Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm done with this machine HP and AMD will never fix this machine. HP support thats a joke. and AMD a half rate chip manufacturer who passes the support  buck to the oem. There will never be a good bios or decent driver. Should have called it Christine mobile apu after the cursed car. I have wasted way too many hours trying cob job fixes etc. Will strip it for parts. Mount it on my wall to remind me never to ever buy HP or AMD ever again... 

HP Recommended

https://www.amd.com/en/support/embedded/amd-ryzen-embedded-v-series-processors/v-series-v1000

i was able to downloand and install these drivers without issue. so far things have been running smother. i can play videos without studdering or discoloration however, it did lock up on me one time ,but so far no problems that cripple the system

HP Recommended

I'm on 25.20.15002.58 and it's ok for me. AMD website drivers for Ryzen 5.

HP Recommended

@proxyx wrote:

That's good. Try to answer my questions to identify drivers more clearly.

18.12.3 is the Adrenaline but driver ver. starts with 22,23 or 24... which one is that?

As explained AMD is not to be blamed, you didn't write the driver yourself, did you?

AMD did that.

HP is fully at fault here for its total neglect.

Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3 refers to Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.15003.5010

Note the version format with Windows Driver Store Version i.e. x.x.x.x

22.19.655.1 Rev.B refers to Windows Driver Store Version.

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

@Juha_K wrote:

Wen't to AMD's website downloaded drivers from Processors with graphics-> AMD Ryzen Processors->AMD Ryzen 5 Desktop processors with Radeon vega graphics->AMD Ryzen 5 2400G.

Don't have a glue why it worked because I'm not that tech savvy but at least it works for me.

Use custom install method  instead of express install method to check what driver modules are being installed.

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

@jfox05 wrote:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/embedded/amd-ryzen-embedded-v-series-processors/v-series-v1000

i was able to downloand and install these drivers without issue. so far things have been running smother. i can play videos without studdering or discoloration however, it did lock up on me one time ,but so far no problems that cripple the system

I can verfiy 18.40.12 has detected my bq100 cto model's GPU and I double checked driver module installs via the "custom install" path.

It shows AMD can support "Vega 8 mobile" from thier web site.

18.40.12 has problems with fix native resolution on certain games.

HP Recommended

BIOS Updates are a disaster. Happened to me. I'm NOW having an issue with Intel Driver Updates that wont install, but that doesnt seem to be ur problem. Not sure how old ur machine is but call HP Customer Service and talk to them. HP Tech wont help but only send you to Smart Friends and force you to pay for something they may not fix. Really hate that part of HP: forcing customer to pay for Smart Friends - even on Warranty - because software is NOT covered by warranty. VERY UNFAIR

Have you tried doing a System Restore, but BIOS uodates usually override that. Still worth a try.

Good luck. 

HP Recommended

Would you buy a laptop today with Windows that shuts down on you every 15 min? Probably not.

All affected have the right to demand laptops be restored to usable condition as if they were bought today, even by means of factory restore. Nothing more and nothing less, just what we paid for.

Before F19 BIOS we had capable hardware and software. Now HP is in hiding while we are experimenting how to survive BIOS crisis they created and admitted to... yep, where is the F19 BIOS? Anybody at HP?

They are using buyers as Guinea pigs to detect and fix all pitfalls. Real shame.

HP Recommended

@apppro wrote:

BIOS Updates are a disaster. Happened to me. I'm NOW having an issue with Intel Driver Updates that wont install, but that doesnt seem to be ur problem. Not sure how old ur machine is but call HP Customer Service and talk to them. HP Tech wont help but only send you to Smart Friends and force you to pay for something they may not fix. Really hate that part of HP: forcing customer to pay for Smart Friends - even on Warranty - because software is NOT covered by warranty. VERY UNFAIR

Have you tried doing a System Restore, but BIOS uodates usually override that. Still worth a try.

Good luck. 

For Intel drivers, not mix non-DCH and DCH  drivers.

HP Recommended

@proxyx wrote:

Would you buy a laptop today with Windows that shuts down on you every 15 min? Probably not.

All affected have the right to demand laptops be restored to usable condition as if they were bought today, even by means of factory restore. Nothing more and nothing less, just what we paid for.

Before F19 BIOS we had capable hardware and software. Now HP is in hiding while we are experimenting how to survive BIOS crisis they created and admitted... yep, where is the F19 BIOS? Anybody at HP?

They are using buyers as Guinea pigs to detect and fix all pitfalls. Real shame.

The problem, newer Envy x360 15 Ryzen laptops such as cp0000 models has 23.20.821.2560  baseline drivers and Nov 2018  F.31 Rev.A BIOS. 

Our bq1xx models are stuck with  22.19.655.1 baseline drivers and it's broken for newer BIOS e.g. F.19 BIOS.

Revision history 
It has F.19 BIOS to F.31 BIOS

The ideal situation is for HP/AMD is change baseline drivers to Adrenalin 2019 edition 18.12.2 with out-of-the-box Hardware ID support and F.19 BIOS's 1 GB VRAM reserve. 

Better solution is to expose reseve VRAM setting e.g. 256 MB, 512 MB, 1024 MB and 2048 MB  in the BIOS settings. 256MB setting is use for fall back setting with 22.19.655.1. 

For Chrome stability issues, I would not recommend AMD Ryzen mobile to non-IT support capable user. This view could change when AMD releases two  new baseline mobile drivers in 2019.

For future 15 watts 2-in-1 device, I look forward to Intel iGPU with tile render support and 1 TFLOPS compute.  

It's ridiculous when Vega 8 iGPU with 256MB reseve VRAM allocation while Surface Pro 5's HD 640 has 1GB  reseve VRAM allocation. 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.